Dear, Colleagues, Customers, Friends, and Vendors,
Due to the Executive Orders 107 and 108 that Governor Murphy signed, it has allowed Mercury Lighting Products Company Inc. to stay open for manufacturing. During this time, to comply with these executive orders, we are following the below protocols:
- We are limiting the number of necessary employees that need to be physically on-site at Mercury Lighting; the balance will be working remotely.
- We are a manufacturing facility, which requires personnel, so our operation management team is taking the time daily to preach about social distancing during regular operations as well as during breaks and lunch.
- We are having short meetings to let our staff know that not only is social distancing important at work, but their habits outside of work are just as important. This will help to keep everyone safe as we try to get through these trying times.
- We operate on a conveyor system, and for that reason, we have put tape every six (6) feet on the floor so those working on the conveyor respect each other’s space during the workday.
- We have a mandatory allotment of time to disinfect work areas, tools, forklifts and all other necessary operational equipment four (4) times daily.
- Anyone who is not comfortable coming to work under these circumstances has the option to stay home and maintain their full seniority standing.
- We are following all of the CDC recommendations to keep everyone safe.
I want to be clear; with Governor Murphy’s allowance, we are open as a manufacturing site. We are operational due to the dedication and determination of our entire staff. With the uncertainty of these trying times, it should be recognized that our staff is working hard, if not harder, to meet the demands of our customers.
I have given this considerable thought. I believe everyone should know I also have to deal with the same issues in my own personal life. My family is concerned that “I would be the one to bring the virus home,” since I am the only one not working remotely. In my 33 years of working at Mercury Lighting, this amazing group of people mean everything to me. Putting them in harm’s way is not something that I would take lightly. That being said, we will keep doing our due diligence in maintaining a safe clean work environment. We will get through these trying times.
We have the manpower, the material and the will to meet all deadlines we have committed to. Please remember the human side that while we are devoted to fulfill your orders, our employees are still leaving their homes to come to work. With many of our people working from home and the plant operating with new health policies and procedures, we ask for your patience.
From everyone here at Mercury Lighting we thank you for your support! We hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
Vice President of Sales and Operations
Mercury Lighting Products Company Inc.