Mercury Architectural Lighting is looking for an experienced and driven lighting professional to join its Inside Sales Team.
From our early roots, established in 1946, Mercury Lighting has always been recognized for quality and service. At Mercury Lighting, our goal is to build strong symbiotic relationships with the commercial lighting community. We take pride in offering realistic solutions to the complex demands of today’s interior lighting needs. Our vertically integrated team of professional sales people, seasoned engineering staff, and quality-driven manufacturing group work as one to ensure a perfect product with easy to install features. Proudly “Made in the USA”.
This role requires exemplary customer service, technical knowledge and exceptional managing skills. Time management and managing projects from the estimating stages to delivery is key. Expert communication skills between our customers and agents as well as our engineers, purchasing team and production is a must.
Key accountabilities include:
- Providing sales support to our agents, distributors and outside sales team including technical knowledge and support, answering questions about lead times and stock, and being the key contact for executing jobs smoothly.
- Entering accurate spreadsheets when communicating with engineering.
- Quoting and estimating jobs intelligently to our agents and communicating expertise on the subject when necessary.
- Order entry and order follow-up.
- Being driven, ambitious, and voluntarily provide ideas. The ability to execute independently and at the same time ask questions to gain better understanding if needed.
- Increase sales
- Constantly learn and retain new knowledge as the technology is changing constantly.
- Two years in the commercial lighting industry, preferred.
- Individual must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Expertise with Outlook, Word, Excel, the Internet.
- Knowledge in using AS400 a plus.
- Experience in reviewing quotes, purchase orders and shop drawings.
- Strong people skills in person, on the phone and via email etiquette.
Please respond with resume and any questions to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form on this page.
Job Type: Full-time