Mercury Architectural Lighting is looking for an Entry Level Engineer to join its Engineering Team.
From our early roots, established in 1946, Mercury Lighting has always been recognized for quality and service. At Mercury Lighting, our goal is to build strong symbiotic relationships with the commercial lighting community. We take pride in offering realistic solutions to the complex demands of today’s interior lighting needs. Our vertically integrated team of professional sales people, seasoned engineering staff, and quality-driven manufacturing group work as one to ensure a perfect product with easy to install features. Proudly “Made in the USA”.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Proficiency with Solidworks and Draftsight (or equivalent software with the understanding that they will need to learn them if they are offered the position)
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and extrusion fabrication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge in electrical and/or electronic wiring and circuiting is helpful
- Lighting knowledge helpful, but not necessary
- Familiarity with UL standards 1598 and 8750 among others is a plus
- Completion of a certificate course in CAD, preferably with Draftsight but AutoCad is acceptable
- Knowledge of working with layers, attributes and all aspects of 2D CAD drafting
- Must be able to copy and edit and otherwise manipulate existing CAD files to create new drawings
- Willingness to learn our product and understand their application in order to be able to generate clean, concise customer facing drawings that are consistent in appearance and organization
Please respond with resume and any questions to: email@example.com, or fill out the form on this page.